We’re hiring – Website Designer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Web Designer/Junior Developer to join a well-established Swindon based creative agency.
You will be responsible for turning designs into a great websites using your coding skills. With a passion for learning and a great eye for detail, you will be delivering eye-catching, functional websites to client’s expectations and within budget and meeting deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time or Freelance (desk space available)
Salary: based on experience and job type
Location: Swindon, South Marston Park, SN3 4TG
- Proficient Experience with WordPress Themes, Plugins and General Systems
- HTML5 and CSS3 knowledge – able to edit style sheets etc…
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, WordPress theme development
- UX/UI knowledge beneficial.
- Day to day technical management of a growing website with increasing traffic
- Troubleshooting issues – liaising with 3rd party developers when required
- Identifying, designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design.
- Development of core website features
- Plugin development and maintenance
- Theme front-end development and maintenance
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Knowledge sharing and documentation
- Change and release management.
Knowledge and Understanding
- A clear understanding of current WordPress development techniques, theory and practice
- Have a knowledge of the relevant aspects of WordPress and associated technologies
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles including knowledge of General Data Protection Regulation
- Good understanding of Search Engine Optimisation and User Analytics.
- Understand the need to take responsibility for own professional development and keep up to date with research and developments in web development
- Evaluate own productivity critically and use this to improve effectiveness.
If you live, breathe and dream about building amazing websites and want to grow your skills in a great working environment, then we want to hear from you!
Please send your CV and portfolio showing your skillset and relevant experience to: email@example.com